Self inquiry

 

Photo by Nong V on Unsplash


If I find myself stagnant or stressed
Annoyed or frustrated
Tired or uninspired

Instead of looking outwards
and criticizing all that’s gone wrong
The things and people that have hurt me
The chaos that I don’t understand
The events that I can’t control

I take a moment of repose
and turn my gaze within
and ask myself
what am I trying to accomplish
what am I trying to move towards

In a closed-eye meditation
I ask myself
Is this where I should be placing my time and energy
Am I handling this mindfully
Could I react differently

Am I doing things with a kind and considerate heart
Am I making decisions with a calm and balanced mind
Am I leading with compassionate intent

Let my spirit conquer
My troubles and pains
Let my light shine forth
Upon and through
My lack and limitations

For I intend for my impact on this world
To come from a pure heart and mind
I wish for my affect on those around me
To be only helpful and loving

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Crossing Paths With Enlightenment Has Changed My Life